AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently projecting onto a white wall. I'm curious what other owners of thumperized plus up-1100 pj's are using for screens. I have screen samples of dalite products up on my wall, and to be honest, the da-mat, cinema vision, and matte white all look very similar to the wall. I have a sample of high-contrast up on the wall as well, which leads me to another question. How do i evaluate the samples? To me the high contrast just looks darker than the rest.

-Spencer

·
Registered
683 Posts
Spencer - I have a Plus UP-1100 "T" also. I am currently using a DIY "black out" fabric screen. I have heard that the gain of this material is about 1.0.

I am pretty happy with my picture, particularly for the price. I should add that I have almost complete light control, and watch only at night.

If there is one area that I might improve it would be in brightness. This has lead me to consider a higher gain screen, like the Stewart or Daylight 1.3 materials. I have not got around to trying either, so would also be very interested to hear what people think about screens for our projector.

I have also considered an anamorphic lens, but am waiting to see what the fate of the Panamorph is, (the ISCO will not work in my set-up).

Happy viewing, Reed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I use a UP-1100 *T* with a DaLite CinemaVision 1.3 screen. I also have complete light control. I have found it to be plenty bright in my situation and have found the screen quite satisfactory. I don't know that I would want to go with any more gain than 1.3. I've heard it narrows your viewing angle too much.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the blackout material you're talking about? I don't understand how it has a 1.0 gain. Atm, given that the white wall looks very close to the white dalite screen samples, i probably won't be looking for a screen in the near future. The blackout material looks interesting tho.

-Spencer

·
Registered
683 Posts
Spencer - go to the screens forum and do a search under "black out fabric" or "DIY screen", you will probably find a few hours worth of reading. I learned about the do it yourself black out screen right here at the Forum.

A guy measured various screens and estimated the gain of black out fabric at about 1.0. It is pretty hard to beat for less that $20! :) Reed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.