AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We recently deployed a HD videoconferencing solution. Due to the design of our main conference room, a projector was the only good way to handle the display on our side - the other offices have plasma TVs. We ordered and just had installed a 3000 lumen projector (Mitsubishi WD-2000). Given that other people need to see us, we have to have a decent amount light in the room, but this of course redues the quality of the image we see.

We are considering switching to a high-reflectivity screen, and I am after some suggestions. Our current screen is just a standard office pull-down screen previously used for powerpoint, etc. The new one would also need to be retractable as it covers a large whiteboard when in use. My measurements suggest we need one that is 52" x 92".

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Approximately how high above the floor is your projector? Are the participants able to sit right in front of the screen, or are some way off to the sides at a wide viewing angle? Do you want an electric or manual pull down screen?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The projector is suspended via a ceiling mount about ten feet off the floor, and all viewers are more or less directly in front of the screen. It is along sort of rectangular conference table with the screen being pulled down along the wall on one of the narrow ends. I don't really have a preference of manual versus electric pull-down - it just needs to be able to retract so that the whiteboard underneath can be used from time-to-time. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
I was thinking about recommending a retro-reflective screen, but that won't work well with your projector that high. I think if I were you, I would give Jason Turk a call at the AV Science Store (link at the upper left on this page). He's a straight shooter and should be able to recommend something that will help. Just remember that no front projection screen will look great in high ambient lighting. Some will look a little less washed out than others. At least you have a bright projector, which should help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts