AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got new Panasonic PT-8000 just a month ago. I have only PS4 connected to it.

And here is a problem I've been having- periodically it goes completely black (no picture, just black screen) for a second, or two.

It would go for a cycle of 5-10 blackouts every 15-20 seconds, and then would work fine again for an hour or two.

Does anyone has, or had this problem?

My first question is: is it due to a projector or PS4?

And the second question is- how to fix it? (duh...)

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
If it was an HDMI handshake issue you'd likely loose audio.

Couple questions:

To confirm your using the HDMI for audio, not the optical connection?

Is it on all sources or just the PS4?

Both games and movies from the PS4?

When you loose picture do you see any on-screen messages like searching for signal?

What happens if you set the output resolution on the PS4 to the next step down-like 1080i or 720P?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by trans_lux  /t/1522498/screen-going-completely-black-for-a-second#post_24487735

If it was an HDMI handshake issue you'd likely loose audio.

Couple questions:

To confirm your using the HDMI for audio, not the optical connection?

Is it on all sources or just the PS4?

Both games and movies from the PS4?

When you loose picture do you see any on-screen messages like searching for signal?

What happens if you set the output resolution on the PS4 to the next step down-like 1080i or 720P?
Audio from PS4 is optical, HDMI only carries video directly to projector, and not through the A/V processor.

PS4 is the only source

Both movies and games

There are no message, it is really very short, probably a second, or so, in a series of 5-6 at a few seconds intervals,

and doesn't happen every time I use it.

I haven't tried to change an output resolution

·
Registered
1,033 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maril555  /t/1522498/screen-going-completely-black-for-a-second#post_24488942

Audio from PS4 is optical, HDMI only carries video directly to projector, and not through the A/V processor.

PS4 is the only source

Both movies and games

There are no message, it is really very short, probably a second, or so, in a series of 5-6 at a few seconds intervals,

and doesn't happen every time I use it.

I haven't tried to change an output resolution

Ok so it could be a handshake issue as you would not loose audio as you are connected-I don't think.

Try lower the output resolution, if you have no issues this could point to the HDMI cable to the projector.

How long is the cable from the PS4 to the projector?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts