1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
69 Posts
I went the Goo Systems route last year. The result was good. I now have a Dalite High Power and would never go back. Nothing like a professional screen. BTW I use a HS10 PJ.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Paint some blackout cloth with The Goo system, You will save money,picture will better then on a painted brick wall, and it's portable.

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Depends on how good you are at the painting. Goo is a good "screen" but requires some knowhow to apply it to work well. It is less money, but an actual screen would be guarnteed to work.

Thanks!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Jason Turk
Depends on how good you are at the painting. Goo is a good "screen" but requires some knowhow to apply it to work well. It is less money, but an actual screen would be guarnteed to work.

Thanks!
This may be slightly OT, but how would you describe the results of buying the material and building a frame vs. buying a finished product? To keep it on topic, how would you compare a Da-Lite material stretched over a homegrown frame vs. a Goo wall?

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have a Dalite hipower which I bought from AVScience. I made my own 50x90 frame and use the material from the model B to make it permanent. It's not an easy material to stretch as it's so thick. My last attempt to get the waves out seems to be working ok but may need adjusting again shortly. Rather than staples I bought some 2" wide heavy duty velcro tape from Home Depot (15') and cut it down the middle (1"). This allows you to restretch it if needed.

The good news is that the hipower will not show the wrinkles or waves in the projected image, it hides them very well. I just don't like seeing a wavy screen when there is nothing on and people are in the theater looking around. My old canvas screen was taught as a drum.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.