AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on building a 100" BOC screen but I don't plan on living where I currently am for long (maybe 2 months max). I've been researching DIY solutions all over the forum but everyone seems to be mounting them on walls. Has anyone tried hanging screens from the ceiling with minimal damage? (Don't want big holes in the ceiling). I can't imagine a wooden frame + BOC being too heavy. Feel free to orrect me if I'm wrong.

Greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
9,766 Posts
you should really price out some screens. the headache and heartache you likely will go through will never cover the cost of a professional 100" screen

·
Registered
6,411 Posts
Dalite Tripod Picture king with HP 2.8 gain fabric rocks. And it goes in the back of the van or car when it is time to move

Here a really small one with the lights on in the room... 2 100W equiv CFL in the worst possible location..

NOTE the image was not paused just sitting in the sweet spot and snapped a pic for fun with cam on auto no flash.

·
Registered
2,403 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevnup /forum/post/18122525

I plan on building a 100" BOC screen but I don't plan on living where I currently am for long (maybe 2 months max). I've been researching DIY solutions all over the forum but everyone seems to be mounting them on walls. Has anyone tried hanging screens from the ceiling with minimal damage? (Don't want big holes in the ceiling). I can't imagine a wooden frame + BOC being too heavy. Feel free to orrect me if I'm wrong.

Greatly appreciated!

if you can find the rafters, 2 hook screws will work fine. and leave pretty small holes.

my advice = paint the wall. when you leave, paint it back.

lets see pic/s

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.