Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Does it matter what height you have your screen at if your CRT projector is mounted on a standard 8 foot ceiling?

What I mean is, can I have the screen very low so that I don't have to look upwards at it, or do I have to place my screen at a certain height on the wall so that the CRT can display the image properly?

Ideally, I like the idea of having the screen at RPTV height, rather than sitting up higher on the wall. Would a Runco 980 have the flexibility to be able to project an image at such a severe angle?

The screen in question would be a 92" 16:9

·
Registered
7,137 Posts
For any CRT projector, there is only one correct screen-to-projector angle and only one correct distance for the screen top to CRT.

The values vary from projector to projector.

If you don't use the correct angles/distances, you can compensate slighly with adjustments such as keystone/Sheimflug (sp?).

You should try to get as close as possible to the suggested settings though.

Though from your descriptions it doesn't sound like you want to do anything abnormal: If the projector is mounted on an 8' ceiling and projecting onto a 92" wide screen, the bottom of the screen will probably be roughly 2-3 feet off the floor. This is usually ideal. FPTV screens are not meant to be installed 'unusually high' or any higher then RPTV's.

Kal

·
Registered
22 Posts
Dylan

You did not specify if your sreen was 92" diag. or 92" wide.

Here's the way to get the proper mounting hieght for your screen

Measure the distance from the floor to the top of the green CRT

If your screen is 92" diag. then substract 7 1/2" and mount the top of your screen at this height.

If your screen is 92" wide then substract 8 5/8" and mount the top of your screen at this height

regrards,

Pete

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.