AVS Forum banner

21 - 21 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Hi All,

Was wondering what you guys out there have for your screen height from the floor for projector screens.

20", 22", 24", 30" from the floor? Referring to bottom of screen not the frame.

I am trying to find a compromise between projector distance from ceiling vs height of screen. It's a JVC projector which is 80% lens shift.

Will be 110" 16:9 or 106" 16:9 fixed screen.

Eyes to screen is about 10.5' to 11'.

I have recliners but sometimes may sit upright and I won't recline very far back.

Trying not to have to look up too much.

Thanks,
K.
Hi All,

Was wondering what you guys out there have for your screen height from the floor for projector screens.

20", 22", 24", 30" from the floor? Referring to bottom of screen not the frame.

I am trying to find a compromise between projector distance from ceiling vs height of screen. It's a JVC projector which is 80% lens shift.

Will be 110" 16:9 or 106" 16:9 fixed screen.

Eyes to screen is about 10.5' to 11'.

I have recliners but sometimes may sit upright and I won't recline very far back.

Trying not to have to look up too much.

Thanks,
K.
I know this has been a while, but can I ask you the distance from the top of your screen and the projector lens?

I am in a similar predicament and looking to see how much I have to raise the screen to avoid lowering the projector too much so people’s head do not hit it when standing (doing all the calcs before trying to buy anything just in case).

I also have 9ft ceiling with a 12” riser at the back so have 8ft height to play with where the projector would be and it would be above a seat. Ideally want to have the projector lens no more than 1.5 ft ish (so 2ft to the full height of projector) to the below the ceiling so leaves 6’ for people. Looking to at. 105” scope. Ideally I wanted it at 24-27” and put a centre behind screen but now thinking of raising it to around 30-33” to allow for less vertical offset and just keep my current centre speaker below it. I have my centre on my media cabinet with 75” TV starting at 30”. (9.5ft from MLP to screen, 14.5ft throw distance, 17ft deep room)

playing with the JVC calculator and also asked JVC who suggested starting slightly above top of screen.

just looking for views from people who had to play with vertical offset to close to maximum.

thanks

21 - 21 of 21 Posts