AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi have anyone done a comparison betwin Screen innovations pure white or Da-lite hd progressive 1.1 or 1.3 and what are your thougts about them..?

·
Registered
19,831 Posts
@craig - did you have a chance to test the Neve vs the new StudioTek 130 G4? The G3 sample I have, seems to have more spark and sheen than my Neve sample.
I have all three here. The G4 is best, but knowing someone with a fixed screen that swapped out the ST130 G3 for the new G4, he did say it's subtle. I watch on both a ST130 G3 screen and a Cima Neve. I think a lot depends on the projector, calibration, and perhaps throw distance and angle of the projector ( how high it's mounted in relation to you ). I rarely see any screen texture / " sparkle ". Also depends on the movie - no sparkle watching " Donnie Darko " !

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have all three here. The G4 is best, but knowing someone with a fixed screen that swapped out the ST130 G3 for the new G4, he did say it's subtle. I watch on both a ST130 G3 screen and a Cima Neve. I think a lot depends on the projector, calibration, and perhaps throw distance and angle of the projector ( how high it's mounted in relation to you ). I rarely see any screen texture / " sparkle ". Also depends on the movie - no sparkle watching " Donnie Darko " !
Interesting. - How smooth is the G4 surface? I have samples of StudioTek G3 and compared to my Neve sample, it feels like a fine piece of bedsheet. The Neve is ultra smooth - slippery actually. More smooth than the HD Progressives.

When I tested the samples, I definately saw more sheen and sparkle on the G3 than on the Neve.

·
Registered
19,831 Posts
Interesting. - How smooth is the G4 surface? I have samples of StudioTek G3 and compared to my Neve sample, it feels like a fine piece of bedsheet. The Neve is ultra smooth - slippery actually. More smooth than the HD Progressives.

When I tested the samples, I definately saw more sheen and sparkle on the G3 than on the Neve.
Maybe you got a bad G3 sample, but at this point, you should see if you can get a G4 sample to compare to the Cima Neve.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Maybe you got a bad G3 sample, but at this point, you should see if you can get a G4 sample to compare to the Cima Neve.
I just wrote them. I was just about to order a Neve, but then I saw the new Balon series with slim bezels. Until this month I was undecided between a frameless HD Progressive and a Neve. The Balon with a Studiotek 130 G4 could be the best of both worlds - and one solution - although somewhat more expensive, but also the one that would never make me wonder if there is something better to upgrade too. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts