AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received my screen today (it is waiting for me inside the house), but I wanted to make sure I can install it as is.

I haven't physically seen it yet, but it would have been delivered around 2-3 hours ago, and has been sitting inside the house for that long.

However, it is around 5 degrees outside now, and I'm sure it was on the truck for roughly 6-7 hours in the cold.

So, am I ok to install it tonight or does it need to sit at room temperature for a day or so before putting on the wall?

The screen I purchased is a Stewart Luxus Firehawk SST, VeLux finish, cinescope.

·
Registered
331 Posts
LOL, all things considered, you could probably hang it right now and, if you're lucky, you probably won't even smell it until tomorrow.

However, if you wanted to be purile about it... and let's face it, that's kind of the point if we're going through the trouble of installing a projector and screen in our own home, right? Anyways, all trades have materials that recommend they are allowed to acclimatize to the temperature and humidity of the room they are being installed in. This is because wood and metal expand and contract with temperature what is a snug fit right now can become just a little too tight or a little too loose after it's equalized.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts