AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pioneer Elite 710 Pro HDTV hooked to Dish network 6000 receiver via component cables. When watching satellite broadcasts the TV is in Full mode and I have black vertical stripes on each side. How can I expand the picture to ful the entire screen and prevent burn out at the edges? Following the Pioneer manual I chose "mode" and that was supposed to switch between Widescreen-Full-4:3 modes etc. but nothing happens.

The Dish Network receiver is set at HD.

Thanks for any help.

(Is there a forum dedicated to the Pioneer Elites HDTVs)

Farid

·
Registered
351 Posts
I have a Mitsubishi 46809, and it suffers from the same problem (so do all widescreen tv's currently in production, with the exception of some Toshiba models I believe). It is referred to as your tv locking in to "full" mode when a 480p/720p/1080i source is selected. I also have a 6000, but have used it only minimally in hd mode, since I just got it last week. If you press the * button on the remote, it will switch between different modes, however I do not remember if this function works in hd mode. If not, the only way around it is to switch to sd mode, and use the s-video or, God forbid, the composite, outputs.

[This message has been edited by mchurchm (edited 09-26-2001).]

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks a million. The * button does the trick. I am aware that the TV locks in Full mode once fed a 1080 or 480P signal. I heard the new Pioneer Elite for 2002 can be switched out of that mode.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.