AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have my HTPC hooked up to an Optoma HD70. The video card is a Radeon 9200 and is hooked to the projector via VGA.

When I have my desktop resolution set to 1280 x 720 @ 60Hz the screen is not centered. It is shifted too far to the right and part of it is cut off. I have moved the screen as far to the left as possible with Catalyst, which helped a little, but it won't let me move it far enough.

If I do 1920 x 1080 @ 60Hz the screen is perfectly centered, but since the projector downgrades the signal to 720p, it's not as sharp as I'd like.

So is there anything I can do to force the screen to shift more?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Try ajusting your projector settings via its on-screen display.

On the HD70 remote, press menu and navigate to either:

Display -> H Image Shift

or

Setup -> Signal -> H Position

and adjust the setting.

Also check that Display -> PC Mode is set to "Wide".

-- Kevin

·
Registered
734 Posts
i too have this same problem with my hd70 and 9800 pro AIW. i've tried everything i can think of. at first the screen was fine, but after a reboot it shifted. the only temp solution i can do is via the setup->signal-> h position. however after rebooting the computer the projector defaults back to original settings and i'm back to square one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.