AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im putting up another screen, this one has masking on the top and bottem for 2:35 movies.

Anyway my question is, this screen will go infront of my other 16:9 screen, and because the housing for it (its an electric screen) sticks out about 2 and half inches the second screen will probably be 3 inches closer to the screen.

Will this shrink the image quite a bit, or will be 3 inches closers only shrink the picture slightly?

·
DIY Granddad (w/help)
24,841 Posts
Actually, even if the image is set to accurately fit the 2.35;1 "forward" screen the rearward Screen will have an excess footprint. And yes, the opposite will happen in reverse. 3" is /can be a lot with some PJs, especially Short Throw examples, and that info is lacking.

Be advised that Focus might suffer as well.

Hopefully anyone who has contemplated such an arrangement has a PJ with convenient adjust-ability.
Or at least has considered the need for such and will be willing to effect such manually when needed.

Last question. Is that a DIY addition, or Mfg.? How about the Rearward screen? I'd think this post might be better suited on "Screens" or one of the "PJs Under/Over" Forums.

But welcome in any case....hope your thoughts have been jogged.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, the throw is fairly long, the projector is a benq w5000.

Currently its about 15 feet away from the screen.

I honestly did not think with my throw 3 inches would affect the focus or make the image much smaller at all.

I figured it would be a minor difference?

I guess I will experiment with it tonight before I hang it, but I cant really judge it, until its put up.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts