AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to upgrade to an Boxlight 1HD and I currently own a Hi-Contrast Da-Mat - since july 28. Since I will drop from 2000 lumens 400:1 to 700 800:1, is a High Power a better choice? I am also thinking a DDOG screen, but is it good for my setup?

I am affraid I will lose A LOT of money for a screen I used for about 20 hours... ARGGG!

I need advise before I make a mistake.

· Registered
23 Posts
I have owned a z1 for just under a year, and have used a diy parkland screen since. now its fine with the light off and no ambient light, but recently ive become tired of it and feel a need to upgrade. my plv-z1 (for search purposes) is ceiling mounted so a high power isnt the answer, i recently recieved a 12"x12" hccv sample a was very unimpressed, it barely looked better than the parkland,only slightly better blacks and not better overall color, now the firehawk was something else , very nice blacks, great color, ambient light rejection,im very close to just ponying up the $ for the material. im also considering some of the other diy screens out there.

· Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm waiting for a Brilliant White sample from David Giles, from Carada.

I really like the quality of their frame, based on the installation guide he provided. It seems better than the permwall frame I currentlyt own. I really hope it's the end of my quest :)

Will it be a good material for me? My friend have a L300U with Hi-Power. so I will use it to test-drive the Carada material.

I do not have the possibility to spend that much money for a Firehawk, I'll have to pass on this one :(

Thanks for ALL the responses! I guess I'll have to rely on my eyes and KW5150 opinion. One is better than none.

· Registered
23 Posts
let me know how the carada samples go, as im in no hurry to buy the firehawk material. although the material qoute "is only" $450 (which is still more than i want to pay).

thanks kevin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.