AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
aka jfinnie
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got Clearpix 4K 1.0 AT on my fixed screen with electric masks, it's a good screen but it has a little bit of visible texture at my my seating disatance (about 9ft)
Wondering if anyone has either upgraded to, or bought a screen with, the new Clearpix Ultimate White 0.75?

I've considered swapping the Clearpix 4K to Dreamscreen V7, but it's an annoying move as I'll have to glue grip rails to the frame and generally mess about a lot. If there is the option of buying an upgraded fabric from the screen manufacturer that is already prepared to use the existing fixing / tensioning system, then that is a significant benefit.

The 0.75 gain is an added benefit too I believe, as it should further increase contrast, further reducing the on screen effects of the very minimal room reflection in my batcave.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello bobof, I am going to replace my current screen fabric to the screen research ClearPix ultimate 0.75. It should be a little bit brighter as ClearPix 4K and should have less visible structure.
I can share my experience after the screen is completely mounted in my theater room.

·
aka jfinnie
5,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hello bobof, I am going to replace my current screen fabric to the screen research ClearPix ultimate 0.75. It should be a little bit brighter as ClearPix 4K and should have less visible structure.
I can share my experience after the screen is completely mounted in my theater room.
Hi, that's great, hope the material swap goes well. What size screen are you replacing and what was the cost if you don't mind the question?

I'm intrigued - why do you think it should be a bit brighter than ClearPix 4K? I thought it should be a bit darker. Clearpix 4k is benchmarked at 1.0 gain I thought, and Clearpix Ultimate 0.75 is 0.75 gain. So I would expect it to be 25% darker for same projector light output.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, that's great, hope the material swap goes well. What size screen are you replacing and what was the cost if you don't mind the question?

I'm intrigued - why do you think it should be a bit brighter than ClearPix 4K? I thought it should be a bit darker. Clearpix 4k is benchmarked at 1.0 gain I thought, and Clearpix Ultimate 0.75 is 0.75 gain. So I would expect it to be 25% darker for same projector light output.
I use Hollywoodscreens cadre2 light screen with 3.75m width as 2.4:1 format. My watching position is also at 3.75m. The screen is a fixed screen without masking, but I am using an external DIY masking. Unfortunatelly it is not possible to get the fabric without the frame, so I bought the Fixed Screen Integrator 3 frame. The idea behind is to use screen research integrated frame inside of my current frame. There are some small adaptation needed, but it should work. The costs of the screen are about of 2200€ in Germany (without black backing) + shipping costs. I dont recomend to use the original black backing cause of a relativ big acustical damping of it. So, i have replaced the black baking with a better one.
regarding the gain of here is a link: link You can see, that the ultimate is a little bit brighter. So, don’t belive the Gain of 1 for the clearpix 4k.
I did also some measuremens on some samples an I can confirm the gain of 0.75 for the ultimate white fabric, see the link2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts