AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a Samsung HLN series 56" DLP that now has a scratch on it involving a thrown ping pong paddle by a kid that ricocheted off the ground and grazed the TV. There are actually two scratches of about a finger-nail's length each. They run parallel to each other. I'll see if I can find the digital camera to take a pic. The scratch is visible when the TV is off and in light scenes. My question is: can these screens be fixed? What am I looking at here? Can I just buy some sort of a solution (like eyeglass scratch remover) that will smooth the screen surface, am I looking at replacing the whole screen component? If so, how much do you think this'll cost. I want to get some idea before I give the responsible party the damage. Please help...I hope I'm not SOL.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I'm unaware of someone buffing out scratches on the DLP screen material. If you need a replacement, here is an authentic replacement part. It should be the right one for your set, compare with the compatible models at the bottom of the page.

·
Registered
193 Posts
True. I'll tell ya I get a knot in my gut everytime my 2 year old goes bouncing around the living room........but whatcha gonna do.....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.