AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason even my Nikon coolpix 5700 5.0 MP camera cant show how nice the picture really is..I will keep trying...

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its a DIY screen from home depot.. They had a 48'' X 72'' cardboard screen, shiny white on one side and regular cardboard on the other...I used thick black cloth to mask it and ended up with a 72'' screen.. the masking doent look straight in the pic but thats just the picture angle..otherwise its perfect...

The whole thing cost me $18.00

Here is the pic..

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am using regular S video all teh way..The panasonic is a Prog scan, cant remember the model number..but is a cheapo $100 one from best buy.

I have ordered 50 foot component cable and already have the infocus component to vga adaptor...

I will post some more pics as soon as I take some.....

·
Registered
45 Posts
wow that looks amazing. Does that card board have a spesific name? Or if I just walk around home depot long enough I will find it lol.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Walk around and ask someone if they carry a white cardboard sheet witha glossy side..Thats what i did...

Good luck..let me know if you have any other questions...

·
Registered
844 Posts
hey,

what section in HD is that cardboard in? Lumber? Flooring? these HD Associates here don't have a good idea of what they do and don't have in stock.

I could not guess what a home builder or for that matter a home fixer upper would use cardboard fer. hmmmm, other than a DIY Projector Screen, but there's no Home Theater Section in HD.

is this what you call the parkland board?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I really cant remember what section the cardboard was in..

All i remember that it was not in the Lumber section.....

I really asked the first person I saw about where I can find a big piece of cardboard, pref white..and the guy knew exactly where it was...

I have been to the HD many times since but never thought to look what section it was...I will check again tomorrow if you cant find it in yours

·
Registered
844 Posts
kam, I'd be grateful if you could inform me on what section its in. It would save me time and headaches looking/inquiring about it.

$18, now thats a deal !!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I picked up the same / similar thing from Home Depot. It was more like a piece of paneling than cardboard in its construction. Heavier, too. Wood-ish on the back, shiny white plastic-ish on the front. I'm pretty sure it's what would be used to panel the walls in a bathroom. ~$10 for a sheet so I bought two while I was there with the truck. I found mine back with the other paneling & pegboard.

I'll check the extra piece when I get home and see what the sticker on the back says.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I found mine in the bathroom paneling/sideing section in Lowes, it was a pricy $12. :D

Nobody there had a clue when I asked either. :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
I bought the same material to make my 69" screen, but I nailed it to a frame made by 1x1s (I think that's what they are) so I can hook to my entertainment unit and unhook it easily. That way, I can still watch my TV for stuff I don't need on a big screen, but still enjoy the big sound. :)

The whole thing set me back by a whopping $15, though...

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Knative
I picked up the same / similar thing from Home Depot. It was more like a piece of paneling than cardboard in its construction. Heavier, too. Wood-ish on the back, shiny white plastic-ish on the front. I'm pretty sure it's what would be used to panel the walls in a bathroom. ~$10 for a sheet so I bought two while I was there with the truck. I found mine back with the other paneling & pegboard.

I'll check the extra piece when I get home and see what the sticker on the back says.
That's the product made by Do-able that some people are using. I've been tempted to pick it up. People here have said it is comparable to Parkland Plastics Polywall for image quality. It's bigger than the cardboard, which I haven't seen.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.