AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't they always look pretty good? It's like watching a 5" TV. Always looks sharp. I suppose you can tell if something is grossly wrong (assuming your camera is accurate) but you can't tell much about resolution and detail can you?

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
some times you can. when I fed my hitachi 5500 from my cs1 the component looked much softer then the rgb. I sent photos to a respected forum member and he could see the difference. The higher the res of the camera the better, but if it is less then the res of the projector then it will make it harder

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the response.

Wiggles always tells me they are worthless, but they usually look really good.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Two years ago when I was shopping around, posts of screen shots were helpful... but *ONLY* the side by side comparisons. The photos make the relative differences pretty obvious, "Wow--that one is way brighter... and better contrast... and the COLORS!"

I remember somebody running one of an NEC LT155 versus a Sanyo XP21... and it pretty much made up my mind for me. I later got to mess around with both of them, and the pictures did indeed tell the story (except for the fact the Sanyo's on-board processing isn't as good).

-Frank

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Inches, because that is the size of the screen shots posted here on my monitor. Just a rough estimate.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
if they are posted on the forum they are worthless as the forum only allows a certain size. If someone posts on their web site and the are a large res and you enlarge them to full screen on your monitor you can tell a lot.

Black level is definitely not one of them though

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Screen shots would be more meaningful if you zoomed in on them and made the picture representative actual size you are viewing. And I agree, digitial cameras are so poor picking up low light levels, all dark greys look silkie black from a digitil camera.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.