AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few shots of LOTR and Monsters.inc. I just set the Component to VGA adaptor. Have a Panasonic Prog Scan DVD player and after comparingf the two , its obvious to me that the de-interlacer on the DVD player is doing a better job than the one on the X1 (in my case, your results may vary).

I was just kinda getting used to the great picture quality of the X1 and now using the component to vga has made the picture look atleast 10% better...

How can they sell this thing for just $999.00

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All pics taken in a light controlled room . Screen size is 72''.

Pics taken with Nikon Coolpix 5700.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
- Yes the screen is masked.

- It is 72'' 16X9

- It is DIY from homedepot. Search posts from couple of days ago and see my post about screen shots, there is long discussion on that post about what material to get from homedepot. Its basically a white sheet of cardboard like material from home depot, costs $11.00 and is 4' X 6'. I cut it to my needs.

- Projector is about 9 feet away..using almost no manual zoots throws a 72'' 16X9 picture...

- Yes I am using the Infocus VGA adaptor , got 50' component cable from ebay..running it from Prog scan dvd player to the projector.

email me at [email protected] if you have any more questions...

·
Registered
452 Posts
These are STELLAR screenshots. I took some of my X1 showing the same movies this weekend, but the lower resolution of the camera didn't do it any justice. Yours have really captured the stunning PQ pumped out by the X1.

letMeIn

I agree with you. If I really want to show of my PJ, Monster's inc is always one of the first to go in.....and every time, I still stare in awe at what I am seeing in my own living room.

Life is Good!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Man, my screen never looks 1/2 as good as any of any of these screenshots posted everywhere. It must be my lack of adequate light control (or maybe the use of an off-white wall) I'm happy with what I see, and then these 3-D like screenshots come up...

·
Registered
602 Posts
Monsters Inc is by far the best demo movie I've found. ZERO rainbows too!

A good PQ test is the scenes where they are showing the outside of the factory. Look at the vehicles in the parking log. I used that scene when I was comparing s-video PQ to component PQ. The PQ was slightly better with component.

·
Registered
602 Posts
What model Panny DVD player is it?

I have a cheapo progressive JVC N55SL on the way. I am very interested in comparing that to my existing Sony non-interlaced player.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.