AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is some of the screen shots taken from my home theater.

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...961&a=13640588

I am using a HTPC feeding to Sanyo XP18N. The screen is a Kikuchi Theater Grey 4:3 80". I have the DD or DTS surround from the sound card SPDIF output to the AV AMP for decoding.

I am using a dual boot system with WinME and Win2K. The DVD software player is WinDVD 3.0 and the display card is ATI Radeon 32MB DDR. I've got DD/DTS passthrough output in both WinME & Win2K.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Very nice pictures!.

ProjectorCentral.com reviewed this pj and said it is very good but the screen door effect is just too noticeable to put it at their "highely Recommended" category.

I wonder why did the LT150 was placed at the "Highely Recomended" category, it's rainbow effects seem to bother people much more than your pictures can show any screen door effect. Actually, the pictures look very very smooth.

At what distance did you take the pictures, and what is the screen size ?.

If only it could be bought at $3000...

·
Registered
4,654 Posts
Great 3-D effect! You made me want to watch the movie!

------------------

Joe

My current idea of the best value:

Boxlight 38t

Quadscan Elite

Panasonic RP91

RCA DTC-100

Da-Lite 100" 4:3 1.3gain

Studio Experience SE616's

and some other stuff.

·
Registered
873 Posts
If the first few shots are a movie, which one. I know the last one is CTHD.

Thanks,

Kelly

·
Registered
50 Posts
Tsunami Gizmo- "I am using a dual boot system with WinME and Win2K."

Why a dual boot system? What are the benifits of this?

Thanks

------------------

Todd

---------------------

-scan-lines-annoy-me-

---------------------

·
Registered
50 Posts
OOPS!

Very Nice Images. Stunning; it must be better in person

------------------

Todd

---------------------

-scan-lines-annoy-me-

---------------------

·
Registered
326 Posts
Wow!!!

Those are the best pictures of a projected image that I have ever seen. How were these pictures taken. How noticable is the screen door with this projector?

--- John

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
All pictures are taken with my digital camera, Canon Powershot G1, about 14 feet from the screen. The screen size is 80 inches 4:3 manual pull down type. Screen door effect is minimal.

Recently I have auditioned a dealer's demo of Seleco HT200DM in HK and I must say the screen door effect is more noticeable than my setup of HTPC with Sanyo XP18. That demo the dealer used a D-VHS signal to the Seleco HT200DM.

About dual booting a HTPC I must say I just want to have two system at hand whenever one is down. I have a single 30G 7200rpm ATA100 harddisk and I partitioned it into 2 15Gs. The C: partition with the WinME installed and the D: with the Win2K installed. So the WinME and Win2K are working independently. I'm kind of preparing for the future upgrade path and also preparing my system in such way that I can test new configuration in one system and without interfering the other.

------------------

·
Registered
558 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Tsunami Gizmo:
About dual booting a HTPC I must say I just want to have two system at hand whenever one is down. I have a single 30G 7200rpm ATA100 harddisk and I partitioned it into 2 15Gs. The C: partition with the WinME installed and the D: with the Win2K installed. So the WinME and Win2K are working independently. I'm kind of preparing for the future upgrade path and also preparing my system in such way that I can test new configuration in one system and without interfering the other.

Just to add to Tsunami's post, another advantage of having the dual boot system is if your a gamer and plan on Quaking out on your FPTV. There are a lot of legacy games out there that trip up on W2K but will run fine on WinME. Having W2K on the system gives you a more stable OS to run more critical apps on, like your DVD software player. The blue screen of death really sucks in the middle of a movie http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

Pete

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just want to supplement some new photos taken.

Here are two photos of Playstation 2 game Golf 3 screen shots taken during daytime with some light control. The Playstation 2 console is just hooked up with a composite RCA video input to the Sanyo XP18.

Here is the link: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...961&a=13647111

------------------

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just want to supplement some new photos taken.

Here are two photos of Playstation 2 game Golf 3 screen shots taken during daytime with some light control. The Playstation 2 console is just hooked up with a composite RCA video input to the Sanyo XP18.

Here is the link: http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...961&a=13647111

·
Registered
17 Posts
The BRIGHTNESS of XP18 is 2,000 ANSI lumens typical (see Sanyo web site) With an 80" screen you have a very bright HT system, regardless of screen brightness gain. You may enjoy movie under sun light.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.