AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use a 92" (190cm wide) draper screen. Have anyone here tried bigger screen for ae100? And if so, is it still good?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
i'm using 106" and it's still great!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What is your seating distance slateef?

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
about 11 feet away

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How much is 1 feet in metres :)

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have AE100 & High Power also. IMO it looks washed out at 106". I think it's because of the black levels though, not brightness. YMMV

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
So far I'm going with 73 inches wide with my AE100. Going to try larger. I basically have an oversized peice of blackout material on my wall. So far, sitting 12 feet away and defocussing is working great. Only ever see minimal screendoor in bright white areas. I hope to make my screen as big as possible. I don't think I see the need for a screen larger than 106" diagonal. I may end up with a screen between 80" and 106" diagonal. Haven't decided yet. This AE100 is lookin good so far.

BTW 1 inch=2.54 CM

Good luck :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
cpc

I would like to try 106" diagonal sometime! I wonder if it would make a big differencefrom a 90" diagonal screen? Anyone?

And thanks for the info about inches :)

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now i want a 120" diagonal! I saw it in my friends house. Awesome!

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm running a 94" wide screen using Dazian Celtic Cloth, setting about 13 feet away. The picture is much better than with the 80" wide blackout cloth screen that I was using previously.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I went from 92" to 106". 92" was great with my DIY grey screen, but 106" on a H.P. was too much, imo. My feeling though is that 106" on a grey screen might look OK.

·
Registered
647 Posts
I'm using 120" diag. 4x3 Director Electrol Cinimavision 1.5 screen and it looks good to me, but this is my first projector so I have nothing to compare it to. I sit 13 feet away

·
Registered
30 Posts
I had 85" diag. DIY screen (sitting around 11 feet away) - I saw screendoor all the time. Now I have 60'' diag. screen and I am much more happy with the picture quality!!!

And

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AnD

I know the picture is much better at 60", but dont you miss the WOW effect?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Yes I miss WOW screen size effect but in my case:

WOW screen size effect is less important than WOW picture quality effect. I really like more ftLs (about 50 ftLs).

And

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Looks like I'm going with approximately 77 to 78" wide just cause thats what fits on my wall. Viewing distance on average will be 1.85x screen width. With proper defocus I see almost no screen door at all, only tiny bits here and there and its nothing that concerns me.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.