AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can u guys post ur screen sizes and seating distances of the first row of seats....Reason for the query: my HT guys told me that for seating distances of 12-15ft the best screen size is 92". Today I watched the championship games at my buddy's-he had 158" viewing area painted on the wall with the couch at around 15ft. It looked awesome.......
Thinking now on getting a bigger screen. Wondering what is too big for that distance............(Projector: Pearl)

·
Registered
5,344 Posts
I'm going with a laminate DIY but am perplexed as well about screen size.... so I ordered a 5'x10' laminate and will temporarily hang the whole piece so I can play with various screen sizes before I mount the pj and screen....

BTW, my room is mostly white and I only have moderate light control except at night.... Mits HD1000u, seating distance is [email protected]

·
Registered
5,058 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by taywu /forum/post/0

I'm in the same situation, except my wall is only 108" (9ft) in width. If I go with the 106" screen, the width will be ~92", is this recommended? Is the a big difference going from 92" to 106"?

If the speakers are behind or beneath the screen it should not be a problem, if you have to put the speakers next to the screen then it is a problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.