AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Want to get an idea of what screen size would be optimal for this size of room? What would be the biggest screen I should get? I realize I need to leave room on the sides for the speakers and sub would a 100" be too big?

Thanks!

·
Registered
274 Posts
decide how far away you will be sitting, then get a screen so that your viewing distance is between 1.5 and 2x screen width to fit with the 'ideal' viewing angle.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
My room is 14x20 and i have a 106" diag screen. I think it is perfect size for the room because it elaves me with enough space on each side of the screen for the speakers.

As for your room, I say go for a 92" screen.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi.

My room is about 14 x 20 also. However, about 3 ft of the right side is considered 'hallway' so, i can't use it for HT purposes. So, effectively, it's about 11 x 20.

I was considering a 10ft wide 16:9 screen and sitting about 16-17 ft back. Is that too big? Do I really need to leave space for the speakers on the side? Can I just put them under the screen, near the left and right edges? I'm pretty new to HT so I don't know how this would effect surround sound. How far to the sides of the image do the speakers need to be?

BTW, I'm getting an HS-10.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
yes you should leave room for speakers. for optimal sound, you should have room on all sides of the speakers. this is, of course, if you are using floor standing speakers. if you have satellite speakers (or small speakers), just wall mount them underneath the screen or place them on the floor.

I couldnt do that because my mians are like 40 odd inches high. my center speaker is underneath the screen though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.