AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I think I am going to listen to DaGamePimp and go with a 4x3 80x60 image. I am confused on screen size and raster. I seem to understand you want to make the raster take up as much of the tube area as possible. I made the force field around the object like eboyz said and did all that but my screen was HUGE 8ft by almost 6. Do I use the controls on the panel that pulls off? I am sure it will take alittle getting used to. I almost had a watchable image last night but I couldn't get the picture completly focused. It seemed alright on big stuff but small stuff like text was funky.

· Registered
220 Posts
Just slide the PJ in closer to the screen until you get the screen size you want. Then just convege it using the info at the eboyztoys page.

According to PJ calc you should be about 129" back from the screen for a 80x60" screen. Place the PJ at roughly this location and then maximise your rasters, then adjust the PJ backwards or forwards a little to the correct image size. Then fine tune using the convergence controls.

Good luck.

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks KFC75! I guess I will start 129 from the front of the tube to the screen and see what happens.

One more quickie for someone. It seems the projector position is what dictates the screen size. Can you use the convergence board to tweak an inch or 2 here and there. Also concerning RASTER. I made the raster almost as big as the phospher like eboyz said. I assume I should try and make the image fill all of the raster as well???

By the way THANKS to all for helpie a total NEWBIE out.!!!!! Next thing inline is a screen since I am currently using a large white bed sheet! I think with a screen I will be blown away!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.