AVS Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a room which is 12(l)x8(w). The projector mount in the ceiling, as well as the seating will be 10 feet from teh wall. I am considering buying the HD20 or 8350. At this point i am in a bind if i should get a 84 or 92 manual elite screen. Is 10 feet too close for a 92? I have done research on this but havent found specific answers to this. According to calculators, i should get a 84...any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxum66
Is one projector better than the other at this distance? Would i see the pixels this close?
You won't see the pixels on the 8350. I am projecting 120" and I need to get within 2' before I see any pixels. This pic was taken from about a foot away from the screen. I apologize for the poor quality.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have the EPSON 8350 and a manual 92" pull down screen

using a Draper Luma Matt White

the projector is about 10' from the screen (front of the lens to the screen) sitting on a coffee table

looks GREAT, no problems filling up the screen at all

the EPSON has great flexibility for placement and the 8350 is amazing for the price

so go for the 8350

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLBoy /forum/post/19513421

Either can fill a 92" at 10 feet. The Epson can even fill a 103" at 10 feet.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Epso...ulator-pro.htm

I followed the link and set "throw distance" to ten feet exactly, but the widget returns an image diagonal of sixty-four inches -- not ninety-two!

According to Epson's own widget at http://www.epson.com/alf_upload/land...nce-calculator , however, only nine feet is necessary for ninety-two inches diagonal.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedBuyer /forum/post/19516715

I followed the link and set "throw distance" to ten feet exactly, but the widget returns an image diagonal of sixty-four inches -- not ninety-two!

According to Epson's own widget at http://www.epson.com/alf_upload/land...nce-calculator , however, only nine feet is necessary for ninety-two inches diagonal.

Probably making the same dumb mistake I did. Look at the box in the upper left and select "Diagonal Range". I had the same problem with the difference between the two calculators.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Actually, it doesn't matter whether you use "Diagonal Range" or "Throw Range." The important thing is that the slider is at the top of the range so that the Zoom reads 2.11x (for the 8350).

·
Registered
37 Posts
From 10 feet away (VD) I find a 92" screen to be perfect for full screen viewing. Its a little lacking for letter box movies however. I stepped up to a 106" and now finally have that movie theater immersion.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

I am considering an Epson 8350 as well. I have a 20 ft wide by 21 ft long light controlled basement.

I have a full wall to project onto and have room to put the projector from 10.5 ft to 18 ft. off the ceiling. I can put the seating anywhere as well.

Would like your opinion on screen size. Was thinking of either a 106" or a 119", I am a newbe to projectors. But I prefer quality over quantity. Will the quality of the picture suffer much between the two. Where should I place the projector and seating position?

John

1 - 14 of 14 Posts