AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is the wrong forum, let me know if there is a more appropriate one. Going to be putting a HDTV in the conference room, mounted on a wall, connected wirelessly to a laptop showing spreadsheets, etc. for budget meetings among other types of meetings. It is possible might need to connect to internet to show people something, a web site or possibly some video clip. My question, would a 70" screen cause any problems, since the resolution of the laptop is only 1366 x 768, or does that matter at all? Would a 60" be better (as far as best resolution, leaving aside the question of how close people will be to it)? And, would a Smart HDTV be better in case we do need to occasionally connect to internet, or would (Wireless) TV--> laptop --> router--> work better? Btw, the closest people would be sitting about 7 feet from the TV, furthest approx. 20 feet, but boss has indicated he wants the largest TV "that will work".

I will have other questions regarding the wireless connection itself, wireless HDMI, Chrome stick, etc., but I'm sure that is for a different forum, can anyone tell me which forum to post those types of questions?

Thanks, RedDog675

·
Registered
10,039 Posts
My question, would a 70" screen cause any problems, since the resolution of the laptop is only 1366 x 768, or does that matter at all? Would a 60" be better (as far as best resolution, leaving aside the question of how close people will be to it)? And, would a Smart HDTV be better in case we do need to occasionally connect to internet, or would (Wireless) TV--> laptop --> router--> work better?
Almost all laptops have a better resolution than 1366x768, when driving an external display, so that should not be a limiting factor for the screen size.

As for internet, it makes more sense to have the connection made on the laptop, than on the TV itself.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts