AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an odd question I'm hoping someone can help me with. I recently bought a new (JVC 46") LCD monitor and now Vista is too large for the screen. If I resize the image through Vida Control Panel and get Vista to display properly any videos I watch will be smaller than the screen. There will be about a 1.5" black boarder (reduced video size). If I change the resolution to 1080p the video will display correctly, but Vista toolbar, etc will not be visible.

I have a gigabyte E7AUM motherboard and am using the onboard 9400 video through HDMI. I've checked and think I have everything set to 1080p.

I'm sure it's something simple I'm overlooking so be gentle please.

Thanks for your time.

Scott

·
Registered
7,056 Posts
The TVs by default crop the image to a "video safe" area.

The TV should have a picture size that is something like "native", "dot by dot", "pixel perfect" that turns this crop/zoom feature off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, I'll recheck my scaling in the Nvidia control panel. I did change the display mode to "Full Native" and Vista is again fully viewable (not off the screen). Now if I use Power DVD to watch DVD's it in full screen, no boarder. But, if I use Windows Media Center the video is still shrunk with the 1.5 inch boarder.

So many setting, so little time....

Scott

1 - 5 of 5 Posts