Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm in a little dilmena now.

Right now, my viewing distance is 14 feet away from my ceiling hanged Da Lite Model C screen 92" 16 x 9 using AE700. Its great.

I' planning to upgrade to a Carada BW 92" 16 x 9. But this time, wall mounted. That would mean, if to do this, my viewing distance would now be 16 to 16.5 feet away from the screen. Would 92" 16x9 be on the smaller size ?

Would you advise me going into a 96" or 100" diagonal 16 x 9 ? if to wall mount ?

At 96" would i loose picture quality vs a 92" on same projector AE700 ??

Or does the extra .3 gain of the Carada offset the distance set back ?

What are your thoughts on this guys ?

Tks,

Ferdinand

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Well depending on who you choose to side with, viewing distance should be anywhere from 1.5-2x screen width. Based on a 80" wide, 16' viewing is a tad small. But it is a lot of personal preference. Some like a larger screen, some don't. The AE700 main concern is pixel structure (SDE). If you get too large for the distance, that might be a concern. However, even at the sizes you are thinking, it should not be a problem.

The added gain is going to be somewhat offset by the larger size, so you would like have similar brightness to what you are seeing now.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
92" diagonal at 14 feet gives you a horizontal viewing angle of 26.84 degrees. In other words, the screen takes up that much of your field of vision.

To maintain that same angle at 16 feet, the screen diagonal would have to increase to 105". To also maintain the same brightness, the projector lumens (or screen gain) would have to increase by 30% (or by 0.3). In other words, it would be multiplied by a factor of 1.3. For example, the projector lumens would have to increase from 500 lumens to 650 lumens, or the screen gain would have to increase from 1.1 to 1.43, or both could be increased, such as 570 lumens and 1.254 gain.

To maintain that same angle at 16.5 feet, the screen diagonal would have to increase to 110". To also maintain the same brightness, the projector lumens (or screen gain) would have to increase by 43% (or by 0.43).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.