AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I am leaning to a non-perf screen. I have had a soffit built on top of where my screen will go. Soffit depth is 11 inches. I Left an opening in the soffit for my center speaker. Projector will be a G11 projecting at 22ft. Will I have problems with light on the soffit? How should I finish the soffit and back wall ?? Thanks for any Ideas or prev. experience...Chuck

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do you mean direct light from the projector beam? or reflected light? Somewhere or other I read if you hold a string from (in your case) the top of a CRT tube...to the top of the screen you can determine if an object will be in the way. (I mention this because you can figure out where the FP will be and how high the lens will be, hold the string there and go to the top of where your screen will be. For color I would go dark as you can stand...or get away with. :)

·
Registered
457 Posts
My G11 projects onto a drop-down screen that is hidden-mounted up inside the cabinetry. This means that the top of the actual projected image is just inches from the cabinetry itself, and I can't say that I've noticed much light spill above. My cabinetry is painted black, though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.