AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of different surfaces have been used for this stuff including - old screens, dry wall, parkland plastic, blackout cloth, Artist canvas and probably some others that I have not mentioned.

If you have experience, can you post your thoughts on this thread (including your application technique).

Maybe we can not get to a best answer, but that is what we are all looking for :)

·
Registered
711 Posts
I have used a ¾†sheet of MDF (87†x 49â€), paid $13 for it at Lowes. It has a very smooth surface. I lightly sanded it before painting to ensure that the paint would adhere. This was with a grey latex paint.

I have recently repainted the screen with CRT white Screen Goo, High Gain. Applied it over the original latex paint with a roller as instructed by KBK on the Goo Systems website. I am amazed at the results. With the high gain material any unevenness in the application is visible. I probably have 90% of what I could get spraying. Slight unevenness in the gain can is sometimes slightly with a full white field or very bright even scenes. I still have ½ the material left so I may still try redoing it with a sprayer (if it ever warms up here!)

More details on this screen here.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.