AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any idea on how to get this to stop! I know i posted this in another thread but i figured id start my own to speed things up.

So one day i leave and someone is watching my house and doesnt know how to use my remote (6in1 Kameleon) and manually changes channels on the box (btw its an RCA UTV). Then he says it suddenly started turning on the screensaver while watching anything!

Its now been a week of this torture of having to hit a button on the remote to either keep it from bringing up the screensaver or pushing a button to clear the screensaver.

Any ideas or codes to possibly reset the roms or whatever?

i have another question on my sony w60 but ill start another thread.

thanks!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Try the short "Jenny" code first (5309). You won't lose any recordings or options but the OS will be redownloaded.

Clip

(OK I lied. Your screen size and digital sound options will be reset to the default.)

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Hi,

A software download might do the trick but you may want to try a few reset codes first... you will loose some custom settings but the "my shows" folder will stay intact... you might have to go back a customize... takes far less time then downloading software...

·
Registered
311 Posts
The screensaver is a form of the demo mode.... in the taboo world of hacking it can be eliminated by changing some bytes in the cards eeprom.

But we won't talk about that here... ;^)

So I would have to say phone DTV and *****...I think it is their problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.