AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
68 Posts
Looks good nice sharp picture but why doesnt the screen look square or is that just the camera

· Registered
68 Posts
how big is that screen

I have been looking to buy a 1272 with 100 hours use since new and i wanted to know what size screen i could comfortable run

· Registered
4,867 Posts
Looks like key and pin and then clean it up with zone. Nice picture.

Terry

· Registered
451 Posts
Like the others have said good job just work on the key stone. Great pics like those make me happy I have a 1272Q! The 12xx series is really impressive with a good source...scaler/HD feed. Thanks for the pic.

-Audiophil

· Registered
44 Posts
I would like to see some pictures of a 96" wide screen. I have a 1271 and I am thinking of using a 96" wide screen. Thanks to anyone who can post some pics and comments on a 96" wide screen.

· Registered
10,523 Posts
Hey,

I find the instruction for convergence in the installation manual of these projectors to be really well written.

They recommend an order of adjustment and even tell which patterns to use with which adjustment.

It may be worthwhile to take a look at these manuals even if trying to converge a different model as the order and advice given seems good.

-Brian

· Registered
55 Posts
Looks good to me too...can't tell if the camera angle is creating the trapiziodal shape or not.

I have some screen shots from my 1272q on 92" wide screen on my webpage.

· Registered
4,137 Posts
Pat,

Very nice web page. You're a talented photographer. Nicely done.

--Jerome

· Registered
416 Posts
Awesome pictures Pat!!!

I have one question...

You have a screenshot of a post John Gannon tweak. Can you expand on this a bit? Is there a thread regarding this info? Or, did he come to your house and do it?

Thanks,

John

· Registered
55 Posts
Thanks guys :)

I had John come over and do a complete setup on my projector.

He re-did my convergence, grey scale, etc.

It was a small price to pay for such great results...much better than I could ever hope to do.

Experience is everything :)

· Registered
55 Posts
I lose in south Ga! :-( Where can I get someone the board would recommend to tweak my sony 1272? I am amazed at how much difference a good tweak can make to color and clarity. Hey BTW I was thinking of getting a parkland plastics 5 by 10 screen, what screen material are you using and what size pat? Thanks.

· Registered
55 Posts
I am using a cheap Da-Lite model B (92"x52") manual pulldown.

It's not a Stewart but it works :)

Shades, have you checked this thread for a calibrator?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.