AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Isn't there ANYONE from Warner reading these forums? I thought they might have changed their attitude by now.

And they also have a 2-disc DVD edition. Why are they still pushing the HD-DVD + DVD combo format? It does nothing but jack the price up.

I've pretty much come to expect these weird business decisions from Warner, especially since these are the same people who came up with TotalHD.

Great titles, stellar quality, lousy execution.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Yup... I have been boycotting Warner titles because of this... I swear if they do this to Batman Begins I am going to be so pissed.

·
Banned
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHunt /forum/post/0

Yup... I have been boycotting Warner titles because of this... I swear if they do this to Batman Begins I am going to be so pissed.

I hadn't even thought of that. Since no BD title has been released with TrueHD from any studio, I'll bet you're right and Batman gets DD+.

·
Registered
5,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fettastic /forum/post/0

I hadn't even thought of that. Since no BD title has been released with TrueHD from any studio, I'll bet you're right and Batman gets DD+.

Legend of Jazz works perfectly with my PS3, and it has True HD 5.1.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Has anyone actually compared 2 WB movies on there system comparing the True-HD vs DD+, is it enought so that someones wife would be completely flabergasted by the sound compared to DD+?? Sound is definitely something that will be much more subjective then PQ. Hell you guys should be happy WB had made the switch to release on both formats, or you would be missing a lot of movies.

·
Banned
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by inca /forum/post/0

Has anyone actually compared 2 WB movies on there system comparing the True-HD vs DD+, is it enought so that someones wife would be completely flabergasted by the sound compared to DD+?? Sound is definitely something that will be much more subjective then PQ. Hell you guys should be happy WB had made the switch to release on both formats, or you would be missing a lot of movies.

This is a good question. If the DD+ is encoded at 1.5 mbps, it'll sound damn good, TrueHD or not.

Last night I got my HDMI receiver and I am SO GLAD to get my uncompressed audio back. I skipped through Silent Hill just to make myself cry from the exquisite and overpowering beauty of it. It also looks better on the PS3 which I was happy to see.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by inca /forum/post/0

We're still missing a lot of movies. If they give all of the Blu-Ray movies this TotalHD treatment, I'm just going to go ahead and consider them an HD-DVD only format and not buy their movies as though they didn't even support Blu-Ray. This really is starting to piss me off!

·
Premium Member
13,377 Posts
Well being that Warner hasn't even encoded the DD soundtracks at 1.5MBps I wouldn't wait for that either. It is really a shame that Warner doesn't add TrueHD or at least PCM support. With BD50's it shouldn't be a problem. Paramount is in a similar boat. Their HD DVD releases are all 1.5MBps DD+ soundtracks while their BD releases are limited to 640KBps DD.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Simple question... will this be a BD-25 release? Maybe Warner dropped the track because they didn't have enough space on a BD-25 compared to a HD-30 HD DVD.

·
Banned
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephan /forum/post/0

Simple question... will this be a BD-25 release? Maybe Warner dropped the track because they didn't have enough space on a BD-25 compared to a HD-30 HD DVD.

Superman returns was a BD-50 with 20 extra Gigs empty and they didn't port it to that either.

Supposedly the specs for TrueHD are different for HD DVD and BD and that's why they aren't porting them over.

·
Registered
4,030 Posts
No, I will buy other studios that support Blu-Ray the way they should. Their numbers will be high enough to show Warner that what they are doing is screwing up. Keep in mind, I'm not buying HD-DVDs either. They won't get my dollar until they support Blu-Ray properly. Hands down.

·
Banned
4,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell /forum/post/0

No, I will buy other studios that support Blu-Ray the way they should. Their numbers will be high enough to show Warner that what they are doing is screwing up. Keep in mind, I'm not buying HD-DVDs either. They won't get my dollar until they support Blu-Ray properly. Hands down.

Well I'm buying the HD DVD, so I guess I just cancelled your vote.

·
Registered
919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckenisell /forum/post/0

Yup go on and do that, I will be happily watching the Harry Potter and Matrix series in HD while you sit out on it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.