AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifetime Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm wondering here, the majority of the folks here, do you use screws+glue, brad nails+glue, or only glue?

I was considering a only glue build, but i have no idea how well that would hold up. Thanks for any advice!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Ultimately glue is stronger than the substrate, as long as you clamp everything well, and don't have a huge panel gap, the glue only method works fine.

·
Lifetime Member
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
working with baltic birch 18mm. most of my cuts should be square and good.

i have screws for the driver itself of course.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I used to use screws. Untill I built my house and bought a brad nailed to do my trim work.

Since then (4 years ago) i've never screwed together another enclosure. Glue and screws is so much faster and a much stronger bond. I use a cheap $20 18 gauge brad/stapler nailed from harbor freight.

I designed my buddies home theater for him and a few weekends ago I went to go help him build his screen frame

, hush box and eq rack. He had been slowly building acoustic panel frames. After he saw the nailer in action he asked to borrow it and finished them in no time.

It's amazing how strong wood glue is.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I used to use screws. Untill I built my house and bought a brad nailed to do my trim work.

Since then (4 years ago) i've never screwed together another enclosure. Glue and screws is so much faster and a much stronger bond. I use a cheap $20 18 gauge brad/stapler nailed from harbor freight.

I designed my buddies home theater for him and a few weekends ago I went to go help him build his screen frame

, hush box and eq rack. He had been slowly building acoustic panel frames. After he saw the nailer in action he asked to borrow it and finished them in no time.

It's amazing how strong wood glue is.

·
Registered
563 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts