AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 265 Posts

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Quote:
Scrubs focuses on the unique point of view of Dr. John Dorian, or "J.D." (Zach Braff). After surviving his internship and residency at Sacred Heart Hospital, J.D. is now an attending physician with his own class of interns to guide and mentor. Even though J.D. has risen in the hospital ranks, he will continue to face many challenges in both his personal and professional life. Joining the rumpled J.D. at Sacred Heart Hospital are Dr. Chris Turk (Donald Faison) -- J.D.'s college buddy who is part of the elite surgical group, Turk's wife, the no-nonsense head nurse, Carla Espinosa (Judy Reyes), as well as the beautiful, but socially awkward, Dr. Elliot Reid (Sarah Chalke). Former Chief of Medicine Dr. Bob Kelso (Ken Jenkins) now keeps a watchful eye on the hospital staff from the coffee shop. Meanwhile, the caring yet abrasive Dr. Perry Cox (John C. McGinley) is struggling with an identity crisis as he reevaluates his career, and, the hospital janitor (Neil Flynn) and J.D.'s nemesis, who never seems to miss an opportunity to harass his target.

Scrubs stars Zach Braff as J.D., Sarah Chalke as Elliot Reid, Donald Faison as Chris Turk, John C. McGinley as Dr. Perry Cox, Judy Reyes as Carla Espinosa, Ken Jenkins as Dr. Bob Kelso and Neil Flynn as the Janitor.

Scrubs is produced by ABC Studios. Bill Lawrence (Spin City) is the executive producer and creator.
Scrubs premieres tonight at 9pm on ABC, in HDTV finally. Two back to back new episodes are scheduled this week and next week.

Tuesday January 6, 2009:

9:00PM- My Jerks

Dr. Kelso's beautiful replacement, the unethical Dr. Maddox (guest star Courteney Cox), shakes things up a bit, while J.D. struggles to manage new interns.

9:30PM- My Last Words

J.D. and Turk set aside their decade long steak night tradition to comfort a dying patient, while Dr. Maddox (guest star Courteney Cox) begins to show her true colors.

Tuesday January 13, 2009:

9:00PM- My Saving Grace

Desperate times call for desperate measures when lifelong adversaries Drs. Kelso and Cox ally to oust Dr. Maddox (guest star Courteney Cox) from Sacred Heart.

9:30PM- My Happy Place

New sparks of an old romance are ignited between J.D. and Elliot when they work together to encourage Dr. Kelso to branch out beyond the hospital coffee shop.

Tuesday January 20, 2009: (Inauguration Day)

9:00PM- My ABCs

J.D. tries to teach compassion with help from "Sesame Street" favorites Elmo, Grover and Oscar the Grouch. Meanwhile, intern Katie hopes to land a spot on Turk's research team by scamming Elliot.

9:30PM- My Cookie Pants

J.D. and Elliot want to spice up their rekindled romance. Elsewhere, Cox considers taking a new job as chief of medicine.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Let's hope we get a lot of Blonde Doctor with her shirt off in HD!!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Are you sure that this is in HD? I thought the last word from the producers, was no HD. The promos I have seen for (at least the 1st) new episode were SD.

·
Registered
229 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr /forum/post/15472363

Are you sure that this is in HD? I thought the last word from the producers, was no HD. The promos I have seen for (at least the 1st) new episode were SD.

Everywhere I see it says it is in HD. I was a little worried watching the SD promos but zap2it interviews, wiki, tvguide, titantv, my cable guide all say HD.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovswr /forum/post/15472363

all ABC promos for all shows are in SD

·
Registered
8,253 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpade /forum/post/15472017

Let's hope we get a lot of Blonde Doctor with her shirt off in HD!!

Agreed! And as to other posts here, the DirecTv guide also stated that SCRUBS will be in HD.

·
Registered
8,285 Posts
HIT COMEDY SERIES "SCRUBS" PREMIERES ON ABC TUESDAY, JANUARY 6

Back-to-Back Episodes Air Tuesdays, January 6 and 13 at 9:00 and 9:30 p.m., ET

Courteney Cox ("Friends") Guest Stars as Dr. Maddox

ABC.com Adds Select Episodes of "Scrubs" to Full Episode Player Monday, November 24

The hit half-hour comedy series "Scrubs" will move to ABC for its eighth season. This irreverent and offbeat comedy will debut TUESDAY, JANUARY 6, with back-to-back episodes from 9:00-9:30 and 9:30-10:00 p.m., ET on the ABC Television Network.

Beginning Monday, November 24, select episodes from the past seven seasons of "Scrubs" will be available online at www.abc.com in the site's full episode player. Four different episodes will be available each week leading up to the series debut on ABC, including the series pilot, last season's finale, and special episodes with guest stars Michael J. Fox, Heather Locklear, Heather Graham, Matthew Perry, Keri Russell and Elizabeth Banks. ABC.com has also launched an 'Ask Scrubs' feature that allows fans to upload questions to be answered by the series' cast and creator.

"Scrubs" focuses on the unique point of view of Dr. John "J.D." Dorian (Zach Braff). After surviving his internship and residency at Sacred Heart Hospital, J.D. is now an attending physician with his own class of interns to guide and mentor. Even though he has risen through the hospital ranks, he will continue to face many challenges in both his personal and professional life. Joining the rumpled J.D. at Sacred Heart Hospital are Dr. Chris Turk (Donald Faison), J.D.'s college buddy who is part of the elite surgical group, Turk's wife, no-nonsense head nurse Carla Espinosa (Judy Reyes), as well as the beautiful but socially awkward Dr. Elliot Reid (Sarah Chalke). Former Chief of Medicine Dr. Bob Kelso (Ken Jenkins) now keeps a watchful eye on the hospital staff from the coffee shop. Meanwhile, the caring yet abrasive Dr. Perry Cox (John C. McGinley) is struggling with an identity crisis as he reevaluates his career, and the hospital janitor (Neil Flynn) -- J.D.'s nemesis -- never seems to miss an opportunity to harass his target.

In the premiere episode, TUESDAY, JANUARY 6 (9:00-9:30 p.m., ET), entitled "My Jerks," Dr. Kelso's beautiful but unethical replacement, Dr. Maddox (played by guest star Courteney Cox), shakes things up at Sacred Heart, while J.D. struggles to manage a new crop of incompetent interns and Carla helps Elliott put her ego in check.

On the second episode (9:30-10:00 p.m., ET), "My Last Words," J.D. and Turk set aside their decade-long steak night tradition to comfort a dying patient, while Dr. Maddox (guest starring Courteney Cox) begins to show her true colors.

"Scrubs" stars Zach Braff as J.D., Sarah Chalke as Elliot Reid, Donald Faison as Chris Turk, John C. McGinley as Dr. Perry Cox, Judy Reyes as Carla Espinosa, Ken Jenkins as Dr. Bob Kelso and Neil Flynn as the Janitor.

"Scrubs" has received a total of 16 Emmy nominations, including two consecutive nominations for Outstanding Comedy Series in 2005 and 2006, and wins in 2007 for Outstanding Sound Mixing and 2005 for Multi-Camera Picture Editing. The series has also been recognized with a prestigious Humanitas Prize and it received three consecutive Producers Guild Award nominations, from 2004-2006.

"Scrubs" is produced by ABC Studios. Bill Lawrence ("Spin City") is the executive producer and creator. The series is broadcast in 720 Progressive (720P), ABC's selected HDTV format, with 5.1-channel surround sound and Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning. A TV parental guideline will be posted closer to airdate.

Episodes of "Scrubs" will be available on ABC.com the day after airing on the network for users to watch online.

http://www.abcmedianet.com/assets/pr...112108_01.html

·
Registered
3,093 Posts
Scrubs was in HD tonight. I found the PQ to be soft.

First episode was very funny. The second was okay.

I'm just happy to have Scrubs back and in HD.

·
Registered
4,666 Posts
A little soft, but still a lot better than SD. But why do they have to try and make you misty-eyed every other episode.

Er, I mean, it sure is dusty in here.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
Was that the same title sequence? Crop, reshoot, or have they always protected for 16:9?

·
Registered
992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirjonsnow /forum/post/15480587

But why do they have to try and make you misty-eyed every other episode.

Because they are going back to their roots when the show was actually worth watching.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Looks good so far, however my local affiliate is having issues keeping it in HD and the audio. Dropped to SD twice, the audio cut out, and we had a frozen screen for a minute or two. Seems to have stabilized after about fifteen minutes, however. KERO-DT Bakersfield, via BHN cable.

·
Registered
4,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Impressive. They actually showed the regular credits at the end. At the bottom of the screen, the credits had the same font as the show's credits, instead of the generic network banner with credits NBC runs at the end of their shows. Great job, ABC. I hope this season goes well and there are future seasons.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrainwater /forum/post/15481075

Because they are going back to their roots when the show was actually worth watching.

I thought the second episode was sappy and way too heavy handed. These guys have worked in a hospital for 8 years and get all emotional over some guy who lived a full life but whose time has come? Really? It might've worked in the first season when they were all "newbies"; it doesn't work now that they've trained several seasons worth of new newbies themselves.

On the other hand, I thought the first episode was great. And the scene between J.D. and Dr. Cox about being tired was the level of serious that is appropriate and effective--not the poorly written mess that was the second episode.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by URFloorMatt /forum/post/15481624

I thought the second episode was sappy and way too heavy handed. These guys have worked in a hospital for 8 years and get all emotional over some guy who lived a full life but whose time has come? Really? It might've worked in the first season when they were all "newbies"; it doesn't work now that they've trained several seasons worth of new newbies themselves.

Or rather, they've worked in a hospital for 8 years, and despite that experience they still fear and respect death? Makes sense to me.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts