AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about this, and it must really suck if someone is obsessive compulsive and trying to watch a movie on a SD/HD combo disc. I can picture some poor soul putting the disc in the player over and over again to make sure he has the right side of the disc down. Then after the movie starts, freaking out over making sure he's getting the HD side and not the upconverted SD side.

So please, publishers, for the obsessive compulsive people, stop making hd/sd combo discs!!!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
You must not have seen one of these, as unlike dual sides SD DVD's, the inner ring of the HD DVD combos are clearly marked and an insert is in the case clearly telling you which side "goes up" for HD viewing. Kind of nice actually, and for some titles, having this option made the difference between buying the HD version over the SD version for me.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
And I can share with my non HD DVD friends

·
Registered
803 Posts
Well, if nothing else, the pop-up menus should easily differentiate between the two

I really hope all these combo discs are just to work out the kinks so they can drop the SD-DVD versions of movies all together. I think it would be MUCH cheaper to just package a HD-DVD and a DVD together as a two disc set. Yeah, most of us would then sell the SD version, but the numbers are so small it wouldn't really dent the regular DVDs sales.

I shudder to think how many folks would be HD-DVD movie owners by default if Superman Returns, Lady in the Water, Miami Vice, and Fearless were ONLY available as HD-DVD/DVD combos.

·
Registered
589 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrx /forum/post/0

You must not have seen one of these, as unlike dual sides SD DVD's, the inner ring of the HD DVD combos are clearly marked and an insert is in the case clearly telling you which side "goes up" for HD viewing. Kind of nice actually, and for some titles, having this option made the difference between buying the HD version over the SD version for me.

Heh, you must not know any obsessive complusive people then if you think any of what you wrote is enough to keep them from checking

·
Registered
790 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronken /forum/post/0

Heh, you must not know any obsessive complusive people then if you think any of what you wrote is enough to keep them from checking

Mr. Monk!!!!

Two sided discs also double the available surface area for accidental fingerprints that have to be meticulously wiped off over and over and over......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.