AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using the component cable and input in my Mitsu 65907 and DISH 6000, whenever I press the SD/HD button, no signal. Is this the way it should be?

thanks

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
The component output only works when the 6000 is in HD mode. If you switch to SD, there will be no output

(which is what you are doing pressing the sd/hd button).

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
To expand on Fireball's response, you can output via the s-video jack (in addition to component) and the 6000 will use this when you switch to SD mode. I'm not familiar with the Mits 65907 but I assume it has adequate inputs to accomodate this.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Just watch all the channels thru the HD output. It upconverts them. The picture is alittle soft but i still think it looks better then line doubled Svideo output.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I agree with Savageone79. This is what I have don't with my 6000 in my theatre room. I have another 6000 with SD output via Svideo in my bedroom.

Both options work, but I would reccomend the HD output via component. I have a CRT projector but I would think this is the best option for your Mitsu.

------------------

- Scott

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
Agreed, let the 6000 do the upconversion. While some TV's may have better upconvertors than the 6000, the 6000 has a distinct advantage.

They do the upconversion while the signal is still in component digital form. Using composite or even SVHS and letting the TV upconvert is an analog path plus even with SVideo, the chroma is still phase modulated, which is where most if the NTSC "damage" is done.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.