AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know vruiz mentioned there is NO difference between LS3 modes and SD modes when recording Standard Definition.

However, when I looked on the chart where they sell this unit they said that the SD mode "is better than MiniDV" and that the LS3 15 hour mode was "DVD quality".

LINK = http://ww3.onecall.com/PID_11921.htm

This concerned me because I thought MiniDV was basically the same recording format as DVD? So why do they make that distinction in the charts. Well, I am assuming that by DVD quality they mean SP MODE DVD-R recordings and those to me ARE NOT even close to 100% quality of the broadcast -- especially with sports because of the constant motion.

So -- what I want to know is if SD is probably the REAL 100% mode when recording SD cable broadcasts. Which means I can record 5 hours of almost 100% quality of my sporting events and it will basically be the same as DVD HQ and D8 recordings.

So for those who have tried LS3 and SD for SD cable sporting events -- WHAT DID YOU find?

Was there any blockiness in the LS3 modes or noticeable deterioration?

This is really my only concern before I actually PURCHSE the JVC 3K so if anyone can give me some input that would be really helpful.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.