AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here goes...

First of all how can I say THANK YOU enough to this whole forum for keeping me busy reading for the better part of the last few weeks. I've had a decent setup that's dialed in very nicely thanks to all the info here, but it's about to get a whole lot better. Tomorrow I'll be upgrading to a Sharp XR-MB50X, similar to the famed XR-10X. Thanks to the wealth of info that I found here (Big thanks to Bud...I used your paint mixture...and have even painted out the walls and ceiling black) I'm pretty sure this is going to be awesome.

I'm looking for any and all tips and/or tricks to improve my SD display...I don't even have a cable box...just run the coax signal into my ATI TV wonder...looks nice on my 50" 480i component Hitachi set...set at 800x600. Text is very readable and colors look great too. I just have a feeling my regular TV signal isn't going to look very good at 135". Sooo...just trying to pick up some info before tomorrow....anything to improve SD picture quality when running through an HTPC up onto a 135" screen. Here's a couple pics of what I have going on now...notice the big grey screen in the background :~).

Tunes: www.JohnTheGuitarist.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Damn I've got some reading to do. Found a few threads dealing with htpc tv in general. This whole evolution of TV is pretty crazy. Now I remember why I decided to leave off at HD htpc and just keep the whole thing SD. There seems to be enough hassle just getting an HD signal onto a PC! But yeah...sorting through threads now :~)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts