AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a SDI-modded RP-56 feeding a digital Leeza via SDI and out from the Leeza to a 50" plasma via DVI. The PQ is fabulous, but I do get a little bit of 'salt' (flecks of white popping in and out of hte picuyter in random places). I'm using a cheapo rg59 cable with bnc connectors on the ends as the sdi cable. I don't really know if the problem is a loose connection in the SDI mod in the rp56 or my cable (or something else), but I've tried a few cheapo cables and they all exhibit this behavior. My question is -- does it make sense to spend a lot of money on an sdi cable, or since it is digital is it irrational to do so?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I went through several cheapo SDI cables before getting a good one. The cheap ones all exhibited the "salt flecks" you speak of. So I'd say yes get a good cable. It's been a while since I bought my cable so I forget where I got it. I'll do some digging and see if I can find where I got it.

Tom

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. I'm not too upset about spending a lot on cables, but I hate to do it if it is just a come-on and a blatant waste of $. It's great to hear that cheapo sdi cables could account for the salt.

How about the silver serpeant bettercables here: http://store.yahoo.com/bettercablesd...t164feets.html

Any thoughts on that?

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.