Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE READ:

If you have QUESTIONS about SDI modifiable units, please ask them elsewhere, thank you. This thread will exist solely to list the video devices which are compatible with SDI MODIFICATION. nothing else. I have a question myself.. but won't pollute the thread with it.

Remember, only if you KNOW that a unit is capable of taking a SDI mod, not a question about whether it can or not.

So, let the list begin.

·
Registered
6,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'll start it off, by stealing some info from Tom's announcement:

Panasonic DVD-RP56 DVD player

Panasonic DVD-A7 DVD player

Denon DVD3300 DVD player

Technics DVD-A10 DVD player

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Pioneer DV-737 (a.k.a. the Vigatec DVD MAX).

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
proceed pmdt (at least the option was dem-oed by vigatec)

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Depends on if the manufacturer who builds the DVD player is a member of the DVD consortium. Aftermarket mods are seemingly exempt.

Add the Theta David and Carmen DVD players to the list; they can be ordered with SDI.

-Dylan

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
The Panasonic RP91.

A company that makes DVD players cannot do these modifications. As soon as you open the unit, the warranty is off.

However, if you have someone that opens the unit, makes the modification and sell it with their own warranty - I don't think there's any problem there.

The problem is that this technique bypasses Crapovision. This can be viewed as breaking the Millenium act (circumventing security measures put in place to prevent copyright infringement).

I think that as long as SDI modifications are not done on an extensive basis (i.e., 100,000 players a year) - the RIAA will probably not step in.

In particular, if there are many companies doing this modification, it will be quite difficult for them to sue anyone specific...

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi Ken,

Here's the list of players advertized at Bertrand's website in the South of France:

In addition to the well-known Denon DVD-3300:

Pioneer DV-737

Pioneer DV-939

Pioneer DV-444

Pioneer DV-545

You can check out the pricing here:
http://boostercorp.com/store/loadpag...&file=news2.fr

OT: when will we have access to SDI output kits in DIY form? :cool:

Cheers,

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Buy the way... somewhat OT:

Would a modded US player become by that token a Pal/NTSC multiregion player? I understand that the Macrojunk won't be an issue. But what of the region check prior to accepting to spin the disc in the drawer? Does this grant you Pal output as a bonus (for NTSC only players)?

Also, wouldn't it be better to seek the SDI output of a Matsushita decoder to avoid the chroma bug?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Brett
Buy the way... somewhat OT:

Would a modded US player become by that token a Pal/NTSC multiregion player? I understand that the Macrojunk won't be an issue. But what of the region check prior to accepting to spin the disc in the drawer? Does this grant you Pal output as a bonus (for NTSC only players)?
The mod does not make the player region free and that is not something we are offering.

Quote:
Also, wouldn't it be better to seek the SDI output of a Matsushita decoder to avoid the chroma bug?
Quote:
]
That is why Immersive is NOT offering the Pioneer players. Everything on our list uses the Matsushita.

·
Registered
4,039 Posts
Quote:
I can mod 95% of players from major brands. Pioneer, JVC, Marantz and Toshiba are moded thru software so you keep warranty. Panasonic mods require soldering of a chip and loading of new firmware. All Panasonic NTSC players (except RP91) also require extra memory to play PAL. We are still working on a mod for RP56 (should be ready by the end of this week). It looks like RP56 also needs extra memory.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Hi CKNA,

Could you possibly send me a Personal Message with your approximate rates and turnaround time? If I wind up buying a player in the US, I can't fathom bringing it back home and not being able to use for local movies.

Cheers,

·
Registered
739 Posts
Hi CKNA,

YGM

thanks

carlos

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.