AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had my DVD player modded with SDI and am using it with a Holo3D card.

In certain scenes in red areas, I am getting small red horizontal sparkles that are red flickering throughout the area. If I pause the picture, they still appear and jump around. When I try the component inputs, the sparkles are not there. Using SDI, if I pause the picture, then disconnect the SDI cable, the picture is still there (from the last SDI data it received) but there are no moving sparkles.

This leads me to believe I have a problem with my SDI mod. The question is, what? Would it make sense that a wire inside is disconnected, but the SDI still works? The sparkles are only visible once in a while (or always on the same paused picture).

Thanks for any advice.

Mike

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I will try everything suggested there. (power recycling everything, and grounding the chassis all together.)

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem solved! (I hope). The solution is to turn off BOTH the HTPC and the DVD player, then turn on the DVD player, then turn on the HTPC. If I did just one or the other, it didn't fix the problem. Now I hope I can leave my DVD player on without it performing an auto-shutdown.

Thank you very much for your help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.