Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any reports back yet?

in particular, any comments on whether player differences such as stacey comments on still apply to sdi modded units?

·
Banned
1,400 Posts
JLM: Here is a report for you. When I tested the RP-91 through the Leeza and looked at the 6.75 patch on avia, it looked good. We spoke about this. I thought that I had seen the patch look sharper, on the NR for example, but on the Leeza the patch was clear, sharp and discernable lines were present. I saw your post and popped in avia. Oh Lordy! I have never seen the 6.75 patch look like this on any scaler I have ever tested. Goes to show you that it isn't the scaler, its the player. My SDI modified $180 RP-56 looks so sharp, so clear and so good that I can actually see more white in the striped than ever before. The white lines between the black lines were very detailed in the NR and detailed in the Leeza. Through SDI out of the DVD into SDI on the Leeza it looks like the lines on a piece of loose leaf paper. Razor Sharp, clearly deliniated, solid white next to solid black lines. Bright and clear. WOW, I am a real geek! The resolution is off the charts. Using the same scaler, the Leeza, with an RP-91, I saw some grey in the patch, not much but some. No grey here, just black and white. Very, very impressive.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh, Lordy?

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
jlm: haven't you ever heard "oh, Lordy" from a New Yorker? :cool:

I agree with the above assessment. This is just beautiful video. I've an Immersive modded Denon DVD3300 and it looks as good or better than the Electrograph SDI. I have a couple of sets of pre-overlay grabs from DScaler through the SDI Silk 100 card (the one Bob Cobler and I manufacture and sell).

Gladiator
My Fair Lady

I think that the video will vary less from player to player on SDI, if only because at least one variable has been removed from the equation (video encoder). When I auto-calibrate the player/card combo, both the Electrograph SDI2000 and Immersive Denon DVD3300 dial in to identical numbers.

If you have any specific tests you'd like me to try, I can do so if I have the equipment.

Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.