AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Times like this, I really wish I had saved a copy of djdementia's "Hello and welcome to last week!" photo...

·
Registered
3,715 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
With competition from Maxtor no longer an issue, how long will it be before Seagate does away with their 5 year warranty?

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
There are still other drive brands - Western Digital, Hitachi and Samsung are 3 of them, so it's not like Maxtor was the only competition for Seagate.

·
Registered
6,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy
With competition from Maxtor no longer an issue, how long will it be before Seagate does away with their 5 year warranty?
That's the first thing that came to my mind too (after "If you can't beat em- buy em!).

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy
Companies don't increase their warranty periods becase they care about you, they increase them becasue they figure that their product is welll enough built that you won't need to cash in on the warranty. When a company cuts it warranty back, it's a sign of trouble, and in the case of Maxtor, cutting back from a 3year warranty to a 1year warranty basically sent up a flare that said "Our products suck and we're in trouble"

·
Registered
627 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.