AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great two hour show, widescreen, dts or dolby 5.1. Best sound quality on any concert dvd I've heard this year. Been waiting on this one for a long time.

Even if your not a Seal fan you may be after seeing this show. What an incredible vocalist and composer with a perfect band for his style.

Don't miss this one.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
I absolutely LOVE Seal's voice. His songs can be on the limp milktoasty side, though some are excellent. Does he perform many covers in concert? His covers are usually excellent as well. Thanks for the heads up, I'm sure I'll be picking it up.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have the DVD and am a huge Seal fan/ The audio on this disc is great. I however was dissappointed in the video. Here's my beef. This concert was taped with concert lighting not TV lighting. The band was mainly lit with red gels I hate that. Seal was lit with white light but the color balance looked off. If you look at really great concert dvd's such has HFO or Roger Waters, the performers all are lit in white light with the backrounds in color. It is a much better presentation.

My other gripe is the editing. This dvd shows alot of the herky jerky camera movements and focusing. I hate that, mainly because I'm in TV as a cameraman and I know that I must snap zoom into the subject and focus but I would never edit that into a scene. Again look at awesome dvd concerts that have nice slow camera work where everything is in focus. I like dvd concerts that make you feel like you were there watching it. Most people when they see a concert don't snap there head all around looking for a different angle. I would hope directors would get out of the MTV video days and give us excellent productions of these great performers like Seal. His performance should not be hindered by poor production values. I am still glad I bought the disc, I plan to watch it again just for the songs and audio but just wish these directors would take a page from some of the really good produced concert dvd's that are out there.

Greg

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
I'm surprised with the "good audio" comments in this thread. Although it's not down right bad, I wouldn't saw that the audio is good either.

Ed

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.