AVS Forum banner
  • Our native mobile app has a new name: Fora Communities. Learn more.

searched and still would like some feedback on rope lights and INSTEON switches, etc

394 Views 0 Replies 1 Participant Last post by  xenon2000
Did a lot of searching and reading on this forum and around the net. I currently have Hampton Bay rope light from Home Depot, which I don't like. I then read here that no one likes that brand of rope light and that it's very dim in comparison.

I need 60 feet. So the 48 + 12ft premade Hampton Bay worked out nicely. I am planning on mounting the rope light tonight after I finish the crown moulding.

(Sorry for the poor link format, this forum says I can't post links until 5 posts, so until then simply remove the # symbols from the link.)

ww#w.1000bulbs.#com/product.php?product=6597

I was wondering if anyone has used the company in the link above. And if anyone has bought that rope light. This link is for 3watt per foot, 1/2" rope light. But I think that is fairly close to the specs of Hampton Bay rope light.

ww#w.1000bulbs.#com/product.php?product=6597

Otherwise they has this too. 5/8 inch high output rope light. About 8 watts per foot. But it says it's 5-wire. Has anyone used this before? If it's 5-wire, it sounds like it could be chased. And if so, would be cool to have a chaser circuit that was also INSTEON or X-10 home automation compatible for dimming and chasing modes.

Anyways. Right now I am just trying to find 60 feet of non-LED rope light that is bright and more cool white than warm. In the meantime, it's been too long to return the Hampton Bay stuff. So I will install that for now and get a picture taken. Then continue my search for 60 feet of brighter and whiter rope light. Right now I have been basing my brightest factor on wattage since I haven't seen lumen ratings on any rope lights. So I can only assume that 8 watts per foot will be brighter than 3 watts per foot. Most of the time they will be off or dim. Rarely will they be full brightness. But would be nice to have them very bright if I want them that way. :)

Also, does anyone know of a cheap place to buy INSTEON 600W model 2380W dimmer switches? So far the cheapest I found is $35 each. Not terrible, better than the $99 they were in 1999. But would like to get them for under $30 each if possible. Also need a simple coffee table remote that supports INSTEON scenes.
See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.