AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've looked through the FAQ but I have a problem that is driving me crazy.

I have WinDVD (and I tried a PowerDVD demo) and both do the same thing.

I am using an AudioAuthority VGA->Component converter. I have a Radeon 7500 graphics chip.

I set everything up and get 1920x1080i going on my HDTV, the desktop looks fantastic! But, when I play a DVD, all I get is half of the image! It's like the DVD player has cropped the lower half of the image and "zoomed" the rest of it up to fill the DVD playback window.

Now, I should let you know that I am doing this all from a laptop. I've disabled the LCD screen, played with both screens on, etc. Whenever I am viewing the DVD playback on the HDTV, out the VGA port, I get this vertically stretched 4:3 nonsense. Please read: this is not a locked aspect ratio problem! I am getting a playback window with the top half of the DVD image stretched vertically, regardless of how I resize the window, it's the same thing each time.

Any ideas?

-- Robert

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BTT... please?

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
This has to do with a problem in the card. Either run 960x540p (which doesn't look bad at all) or get Powerstrip. It has a function you can Hotkey that will refresh the overlay and eliminate the half-height problem.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. I am looking at the function list in PowerStrip right now and I can't see any function having to do with overlay refresh... which one should I be using?

There is a "desktop" refresh function, but I don't think that is what we're after here.

Could you reveal which function I should be using? Thanks!

-- Robert

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Namlemez
This sounds like it:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=105345
Tried this with WinDVD 3.0, it did nothing. It did not fix the problem. Grrrr. This is starting to anger me now. :(

Anyone have any other ideas? The hotkey appeared to have no affect whatsoever.

-- Robert

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
BTT

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.