AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a decent center speaker for under $200 I am looking at the pioneer sp-c21 or the energy Cc-5. I was wondering if you guys have had any experience with the two and your opinions. My fronts are the pioneer floorstanding speakers that are in the same series as the sp-c21, my sub is the sw-8 (also in that series) and energy cb-5s as the rear surrounds. The reciever is the pioneer Vsx-520-k. My setup is realitivly low class but works perfect for me
thank you for your input.

·
Registered
376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericimi /forum/post/19570936

I am looking for a decent center speaker for under $200 I am looking at the pioneer sp-c21 or the energy Cc-5. I was wondering if you guys have had any experience with the two and your opinions. My fronts are the pioneer floorstanding speakers that are in the same series as the sp-c21, my sub is the sw-8 (also in that series) and energy cb-5s as the rear surrounds. The reciever is the pioneer Vsx-520-k. My setup is realitivly low class but works perfect for me
thank you for your input.

for a perfect timbre match you will need to get the sp-c21

·
Registered
376 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericimi /forum/post/19570994

Thank you ... I did believe that would be the best for timbre matching. But I'm not sure if the energy cc-5 would be of so much higher quality it would be noticed?

those pioneers are pretty good for the money . imo I think the pio center is a better center than the cc-5 ...

·
Registered
29,106 Posts
no point buying the CC-5 when you have Pioneer front speakers. Besides the C21 has larger drivers than the CC-5.

You want your front 3 speakers to be timbre matched so the Energy speaker would be a bad fit.

Plus the Pioneer cost a LOT less.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I appreciate the quick responses guys, I am very impressed with these "low end" pioneer speakers and I'll probally go with the pioneer center.. On another note the cb-5 by energy is great as rears, especially on the crank PCM track. Lots of surround activity

·
Registered
2,421 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericimi /forum/post/0

I appreciate the quick responses guys, I am very impressed with these "low end" pioneer speakers and I'll probally go with the pioneer center.. On another note the cb-5 by energy is great as rears, especially on the crank PCM track. Lots of surround activity

It's a no-brainer. The Pioneer C21 center speaker is actually the all-star of that entire line-up. I think you'll be very happy with it.

The others are correct as well -- a center speaker should ALWAYS be from the same line of speakers as the Front R/L speakers in your setup...

·
Registered
19,802 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericimi /forum/post/19571348

I'm glad to hear that , because if there more impressive then the floorstanding speakers that would be more then enough for me

One more for the Pioneer - no need to think about it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.