AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody,

I read a lot about different audio multi-room system on the internet and I am unable to find what I am looking for... I will tell you my needs :

- I need one home theater system, if possible wireless where I can connect several sources (like a cd player / a radio DAB for exemple)
- The system should be capable of connecting to wifi speakers in order to send music from all the sources in other rooms in the house

And here is what I found with their problem :

- Sonos : The sonos home theater soundbar does not have any other source we can connect
- Play-fi AV-Receiver like Anthem MRX-720 : The receiver can have all the sources we want but it cannot stream on Play-fi speakers these sources.
- Klipsch HD Control Center with wireless speakers (wisa technology) : This system is a full wireless home theater system but it does not have the "multi-room" functionality

Does somebody has an idea of a system capable of doing all that I want ? It seems to me that all the multi-room systems can only stream music from DLNA, NAS Server or webradios. A real multi-room system should be able to stream music from all the available sources, even CD player or real radio receiver...

Any help ?

Thank you in advance.

zigune

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
You can get a SONOS Connect and hook that up to your avr. That should allow you to stream from various sources.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Does sonos connect have multi zone? can I control what music is played in which room? or all rooms will have the same music?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can get a SONOS Connect and hook that up to your avr. That should allow you to stream from various sources.
Thank you I will look at it but it seems the SONOS connect only has an analogic input, therefore I don't think it's the best solution !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does sonos connect have multi zone? can I control what music is played in which room? or all rooms will have the same music?
Yes it seems that with SONOS you can control what music is played where...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts