AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago I saw a sticky post for some pc software with color analyzer for ~$1000, but I can't remember what it was called. I don't remember if it was colorfacts or not.

What other display calibration equipment is out there?

Hammer

·
Registered
707 Posts
AVS sells the Progressive Labs CA-1 color analyzer through the forum. Call Alan or Jason for details on this product. The CA-1 is now available for both PC and Windows CE operating systems!

·
Registered
309 Posts
for cost effectiveness..

You should look at either the CA-1 by progressive labs

or Milori Colorfacts..

I am on the fence about which one to get... and I am in the same boat as you are..

specs point to Milori... however... Cliff who responded to your post created the CA-1.. and it too has had great reviews...

And Mark Hunter who is on the forum works with/for Milori

my only concern was the number of Cal files... over various manufacturers... which is getting better...

-ADS-

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Hi Hammer,

It does sound like you might be thinking of either the Progressive Labs CA-1 or Milori ColorFacts. I'm sure that ghibliss ("Cliff") above would be happy to answer questions that you have about the CA-1 product. Also, you can find out more about the ColorFacts product by calling Milori toll-free at 1-877-445-5241 or stopping by the web site at www.colorfacts.com .

Quote:
What other display calibration equipment is out there?
Another product in this space is the Sencore CP-5000.

Thanks,

Mark Hunter

Milori, Inc.
www.colorfacts.com

·
Registered
853 Posts
This will be no surprise to one individual in this thread...

I use the CA-1 day in and out for all types of display devices. The cal files issue is really not an issue at all. Progressive Labs make files based on popularity of products in the market place. If you are looking for a cal file for a Projecta-Vision DLP (the first commercial unit, not something Runco is going to market under that newly acquired marque) then don't expect a file (get a TVS optical comparator and practice!).

However, if you are going to go into business, Plasma files, for instance, are readily available for the major glass makers from Progressive Labs.

You should still hone your skills and follow-up your work (as a means of developing your "chops") with optical verification. So, I would not make the availability of files a factor in your buying decision. The accuracy of the Progressive Labs software was a key issue in my decision.

I am certain that the folks at Colorfacts will be eager to discuss their salient points, as well as Sencore.

As with any purchase: Caveat Emptor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.