AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to put together my HD rig and cannot find this discontinued Channel Master part anywhere.Does anyone know where I can get one or can someone recommend a similar product?

For those that aren't familiar with this product... http://www.channelmaster.com/pages/MC1and2.htm#A

scroll down 3/4 of page.

Please help I'm desperate!

Thanks,

Shawn

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
This web site says that they have them (if their page is current) http://hometown.aol.com/rwsatantenna.../business.html

I just looked at their web page again and that page was posted on May 3, but it might still be worth a try.

[This message has been edited by jurassicjockey (edited 08-09-2001).]

·
Registered
LG 55" C9 OLED, Yamaha RX-A660, Monoprice 5.1.2 Speakers, WMC HTPC, TiVo Bolt, X1
45,617 Posts
Call or e-mail, to see if they still have it in stock.

------------------

"Better living thru modern, expensive electronics devices"

tm

·
Registered
887 Posts
FYI-

These bearings were made by a company named Crown.Last I heard the company is folding up because they lost the contract with RS to supply the CM designed rotor(9510).The 9523 is out of production and in scarce supply.I'm glad I bought a spare one from Starks before they ran out.

I think Rich Wertman at RWANNTENNA has a few left

·
Registered
211 Posts
You might try LACO Electronics, 751 Fairfield Road, Mt. Vernon, Illinois. I got one from them a few weeks ago. Sorry I don't have their phone Number.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
This is such a useful little gizmo, it'd a real shame they discontinued it. It allows you to put a fairly long mast above the rotor, as you can mount the rotor itself a few feet below the top of the stationary mast, and overlap the two masts. Essential for tall antennas such as the Parascope, or vertically stacked antennas.

'glad I got my when I did. Good luck in your search.

------------------

You have a right to install OTA and dish antennas on property under your control.

See http://www.fcc.gov/csb/facts/otard.html

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RMP in KY,

Thank you very,very much.I spoke to Jeff at Laco Electronics and ordered 2 bearings.$18 each + shipping.

I think that he has 1 more in stock so anyone looking for on of these rare finds better act fast.

Thanks again to everyone who replied.

Shawn

·
Registered
887 Posts
Shawn,

A word of caution when using the 9523 Bearing.

DO NOT USE A CM9515 HD ROTOR!

It will not work because the rotational axis is not the same as the 9510 or 9521(same rotor),causing it to bind and hang up.Learned from experience on this one.

Also,make sure the support mast and antenna mast are aligned properly(parallel).The arrow on the Bearing should line up with the casting seam on the rotor housing.

Maximum support mast diameter is around 1-3/4in.and antenna mast can be up to 1-1/2in.dia.The Bearing also comes with three flanges,with holes,for guying the entire mast system.

Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks MAX HD.

It's great to have the input of devoted people like you around here.I,too,would have found out the hard way.

Thanks again MAX HD,

Shawn

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
You could fab one using a pillow block bearing, if you were so inclined.

------------------

-Glenn

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I'm looking for another rotator CM 9521, Stark sells it for $89.95, I thought it was lower in price ($69.95) a few months ago? Anyone know where I can beat this price, Fry's sells it for this price, so I may just go there today and get one.

Thanks,

------------------

-Glenn

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.